Melody called 'LIFE'

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Joy Ride - Chasing Marichika

“Are you ready?”

“Yes, will be down in a jiffy”

Honk…

“Stop honking, you idiot!”

“Yes, Princess of Persia, hop in quick”

Ahaan, why are you always in such a hurry? Relax. Life’s not departing for anywhere any soon.”

Scowl…

“Ho ho ho, lady! Life’s like a fistful of sand, here now, gone tomorrow.”

“Mr. Pessimist, god knows when you will learn to be satisfied with your picture perfect life. You have the most sought after job, a handsome salary, a nice house in the most glittering city, the latest car, a lovely wife, and of course an earthly princess like me for company. Yet you crib! Sigh…”

“Picture-perfect life… Indeed! I earn millions per year, slog most of the 24 hours of the day, get my new car bumped into, am like a visitor in my own house… that day too isn’t far when my wife will refuse to acknowledge my presence in her life.”

“Ahem… King of cribs, don't turn red just like this bloody signal!”

“Well Suhana, do you see that stout suited fellow in the chauffeured BMW all by himself reading some crappy business magazine?”

“Of course… filthy rich bugger”


“And do you notice that guy walking on the pavement hand-in-hand with his uniformed little daughter munching candy-floss? Who do you think is happier?”

“Err… it depends.”

“Yes, Ms. True-blue consultant. I know, the answer is very subjective. I totally acquiesce that the candy-floss dad isn’t the happiest fellow on earth and definitely has his own set of soups in life; however it looks like he does enjoy whatever little he has. On the contrary, look at people like us, who are constantly on the grind to reach to where the BMW guy is today. In short we are vehemently pursuing loneliness. We see the luxuries, and tend to ignore the solitude and the vacuum in his oh-so-brilliant life. We sacrifice so much of our lives in pursuit of things we enjoy so little.”

“Indeed Ahaan, I don't even remember the last time I had candy-floss with dad. Or the last time I spoke at length with my loved ones… We have been so crazily busy pursuing what – loneliness??? When was it last I enjoyed the raindrops splattering on my face, lest it should spoil my crisp formal shirt. As soon as I leave office, it’s already dark when I leave for home. God! I don't remember when was last, I saw the sun setting into the crimson sky…. I hate this mirage-chasing life really.”

“Hey Princess, the idea is not to repent the life we are living. I think, we still have a lot left to see, and let’s make it better. Let’s work towards the things we want in life. Let’s follow our dreams… Never forfeit your right to a happy-go-lucky life…. Never… Back to den… Office is already here! Alta-la-vista princess! Live another day of the endless harrowing chase”

Wink.

Wink.


“By the way, Ahaan… Wrap up by 6. Let’s catch a glimpse of the crimson sky, the chirping birds at the beach.”

Grin.

And life moves on…

- Ships

Note: 'Marichika' is a Hindi word for 'mirage'

4 Comments:

  • "we sacrifice so much our of our lives for things we enjoy so little". caught in the rat race of everyday life, the fact that we can still step aside and think of this proves we're an intelligent race. some write stories, some muse a while, but oh so very few of us actually do something about it...is it rationality or is it despondence?
    -- Ahaan :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:49 AM, July 08, 2009  

  • An old doha came to my mind after reading this post.

    "Kasturi kundali base, Mriga dhodhe van maahi,

    Aise ghati ghati ram hai duniye dekhe naahi"

    Cheers!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM, July 08, 2009  

  • @Aditya: Need I say more :)

    @Utkarsha: Lovely lines from Marichika...

    By Blogger Ships, at 3:29 AM, July 22, 2009  

  • WoW.. something i feel everyday.. you have put it so magically down there..

    yday i really asked myself.. is it worth letting go my 2nd wedding anniv in office.. and hubby just so far away that i cant even have his single glimpse..

    loved this one.. wud always remain close to my heart.. :) :)

    U Rock Ships.. :)

    By Anonymous Aarti, at 10:54 AM, December 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home