Random Ramblings of a Slapdash Girl!
Got tagged by a friend... hence jotted down 25 random things about myself! 1. SHIkha (My mom) + PRAfulla (My dad) = SHIPRA (Meeee.. :))
I often get annoyed when people don’t pronounce my name properly. I have often been called “Shilpa”, “Sherpa”, “Chitra” etc etc
2. My parents wedding album was destroyed and neither did they have a marriage certificate. So while applying for mom’s passport, they could not technically prove they were married – which means we were illegal kids! :D They filed an affidavit and married last year officially!! Now, I am a legal kid :)
3. I was born on the 10th of December, supposedly the Human Rights Day!
4. I am a little Alice in her wonderland – Day dreaming is my forte. I sometimes land in unknown planets and fight wars with aliens!
5. Dad made me believe I was a princess, and bought me up quite like one. As a kid, when I went to my dida’s village for summer vacations, I threw tantrums “I need cold fridge water right now” and she got me cold water from an earthern matka. I demanded, I need to inspect the fridge, she showed it to me and said – “This is the latest offering in the market, called the mini-fridge!”
6. Also, when I was little, my dida’s village had no electricity. So when there was lightening in the sky, my dida would tell me, “Look, look, there’s electricity!” and I would fall for that!
7. My dad used to drop me to my nursery school on his Hero-Honda and I sat proudly on the petrol tank in front. I thought I was riding the bike myself! :D Later, we got our car, and I had grown up a bit… alas I couldn’t sit on his lap and drive the car!
8. I have been a very naughty kid. However, always managed to be all my teachers’ pet.
9. In Std. 2, I fought with a little boy and tore his uniform :D (After that, whenever we chased each other, he would hide in the boy’s toilet! *sigh*)
10. I like surprising loved ones with random little gifts, sometimes when it is least expected. 2 days back on my parents’ wedding anniversary, I surprised them with a suhagraat flower-setting in their room. They were mighty embarrassed!
11. In my B-school, some friends played a prank and changed my laptop’s name. So anyone who tried downloading from my computer on the LAN could read “downloading from Rolakutty - The Porn Star’s lappie”… eeeks!
12. I used to scare my little bro with cockroaches. I took pride in holding them by their tentacles! Poor kid used to be freaked out by the very sight!
13. I tried to suffocate my infant sister and kill her, because suddenly mom-dad loved her more (I was the only child till age 7)! The reason I gave was – dad bought her 26 new dresses, and got me only 2 :( Btw, my 2 cost thrice of her 26. But how would that matter to a 7 yr old kid!
14. I learnt driving very early – illegal I know. But, I rode my uncle’s motor-cycle and across the India-Bangladesh border at 15! The BSF jawans totally adored my presence, as I entertained them with Bombay life tit-bits!
15. I got my parents and myself to the front page of the Times of India. No, I had not murdered anyone, nor did I win the Oscars – but I just managed to top the 12th board exams. Don’t ask me how… Some people claim, I stuck Rs. 500 notes on my answer sheets!
16. I have been fined Rs. 100 for wearing jeans & a top to a college in the city of glamour, read Mumbai (apparently, girls were supposed to wear only Indian clothes in there… *phew*)
17. I still kiss my parents goodbye every morning when I leave for work. I have been doing this since my kindergarten days…
18. I am a very talkative person. I can go on and on and on…
19. I am ultra-romantic at heart… I love azure skies, ocean blue waters, mild winters… I have my ideas about someone being made specially for me. Dil to Pagal Hai types!
20. I love traveling.
21. One of my close buddies told me years ago – “You sound sexy on the phone” and I would still love to believe its true ;)
22. I got an award titled “My wardrobe can dress half of Africa” – That’s self explanatory I guess!
23. I am a lazy bum. I hate walking. I seldom take the train or the bus.
24. My ambitions in life have kept vacillating. I wanted to become a doctor to take revenge with Dr. XYZ who injected a crappy thing in me when I was 6. Later I wanted to be a tempo-driver who delivered “Peppy” chips to the grocery store downstairs. (Rationale was – I would own all the chips packets in the tempo, and would not need to ask mom every time for it!)
25. I think one day I will make it Big – Where, when, how etc. I don’t know. :) Amen!
-Ships

7 Comments:
Made a nice read.
By
the clairvoyant, at 9:48 PM, February 12, 2009
25 Random things that made sense.
Cheers!!
By
Anonymous, at 11:40 PM, February 12, 2009
I like helping people. Hence, I will save you the trouble of finding answers to the questions you raised in point number 25.
Where- Partly in Ahmedabad and mostly in Mumbai
When - 4 years ago
How - Don't have enough space to write out this. Times of India front page is a good place to start though. :-)
GodBless.
By
Anonymous, at 12:39 AM, February 16, 2009
Such a lovely post! So, when can I get your number? :P
By
Sudipta Chatterjee, at 1:29 AM, February 17, 2009
@the clairvoyant: Thanks!
@utkarsha: :)
@Ishan: Very funny! And of course, you know about the data flaws, right!
@Sudipta: Thank you :) And for the number, go find out... It aint that difficult a task in today's highly connected world!
By
Ships, at 3:50 AM, February 17, 2009
every hit i got something very intersting to read same is this time
very well written..keep it up ..
By
Rishi Raman Sharma, at 3:18 AM, February 20, 2009
hi, dont know how i ran into this blog n dont know who u r, ships i suppose... jus read few of yr recent posts n felt good... keep up the candid style n m sure life will be a melody always for u !!
cheers, avi
By
AG, at 7:11 AM, June 25, 2009
Post a Comment
<< Home