Melody called 'LIFE'

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Love you, My Guinea Pig!

It was my lil bro's birthday yesterday. It was all in all a wonderful day.
At 00:00 hours, we (me and my sis) wished him a very happy birthday, handed over an elaborately decorated gift... He was impressed. He opened it very properly with utmost care. To his horror, he found a branded underwear! He kept a straight face, feigning happiness over the innovative gift!

Hehe... and then we gifted him a larger packet which held a vest! Then a shirt, then a t-shirt...
He loved it, and thought it was over... hugged us... but hello, yeh dil maange more! We had a Flat TV as his birthday present too... He simply loved it.

And last but not the least, I gifted him a few words... He adored it. So I am sharing it here, with his due permission. (Some parts of it are very circumstantial and at points embarrassing too!)

Enjoy!

Love you, My Guinea Pig!

Seventeen long years, yet not out…
Every morning, you hear me shout
Arpan, Get out of the bathroom
Else, here I come with a broom


You were a tiny tot when I first held you
All my Rakhi tying dreams came true
Your insane antics put me into splits
Sometimes giggled at your pant’s slits!

An awesome mimic you sure are,
Often invite trouble; causing self to park the car!
Like Sis – Like Bro: You hog on to chicken like greedy
Next morning, mom’s keeps Metrogyl pills ready!

From a kid, to a heart-wooing pro
I am proud of you, my smart grown up bro!
That cute, innocent little child
These days is turning a little wild!

Trust him, and you are his to care for life
His traits will certainly fetch him a wonderful wife!
A little lazy, a little weird at times, doesn’t matter…
Constant like glue that binds us together

For a BMW and a mansion, work hard, stay steady
With time, as a perk, you will also get a gorgeous lady!
I am sure, in life you’ll make it big
Love you loads, my guinea pig….
Ships
17th Dec, ‘08

3 Comments:

  • That is a precious gift.


    Cheers!!

    By Blogger Ravish, at 1:17 AM, December 23, 2008  

  • Hi Ships,

    amazing poem ...I always read your blog ..you might not remember me but we met in Venkatesh class.

    I saw you in one of my friend's list and came across your blog...

    I just love you blog ..

    Keep writing...

    You are too good ...

    -Shraddha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 AM, January 22, 2009  

  • @Ravish: :)

    @Shraddha: Thanks for the comments, dear. However, my apologies for not recollecting.. do add me as your friend in orkut... that will help me get in touch :)

    By Blogger Ships, at 5:16 AM, January 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home