Of Acceptances & Approvals
Oh life, you make me rumble and tumble
Every commitment you make, you fumble
I seek you, in hope and in despair
I find you, in darkness and glare
I hate to see you embarrassed of me
Non-acceptance I but cannot see
I wait for the day you take the step bold
End the vicious circle of emotions cold
I hate it when you hide me from your world
At destiny’s glance, my hands you never hold
I hope for there to be a mutual stance
Where life pleasures me with a graceful dance
I fight with myself every night
I condition myself after every fight
To hate you life, like no one could
All my conditioning serves no good
When you smile to me like the crescent moon
And speak innocently of making up soon
And here I wait again for another night
Another miracle, to make all things right
I crave for acceptance, I crave for approval
Wonder why for this, you behave so frugal
I look at you with earnest eyes
Kicking my heels with incessant sighs
Here you come into my arms tonight
To put an end to all my plight
Every commitment you make, you fumble
I seek you, in hope and in despair
I find you, in darkness and glare
I hate to see you embarrassed of me
Non-acceptance I but cannot see
I wait for the day you take the step bold
End the vicious circle of emotions cold
I hate it when you hide me from your world
At destiny’s glance, my hands you never hold
I hope for there to be a mutual stance
Where life pleasures me with a graceful dance
I fight with myself every night
I condition myself after every fight
To hate you life, like no one could
All my conditioning serves no good
When you smile to me like the crescent moon
And speak innocently of making up soon
And here I wait again for another night
Another miracle, to make all things right
I crave for acceptance, I crave for approval
Wonder why for this, you behave so frugal
I look at you with earnest eyes
Kicking my heels with incessant sighs
Here you come into my arms tonight
To put an end to all my plight
-Ships
5 Comments:
Too good .
Harender
By
Anonymous, at 3:20 AM, January 06, 2010
What a wonderful poem. I can so much relate myself to it. Your poems keep getting better with each blog.
I've been reading your blog for a while and i can easily say it's the best i've come across.
keep blogging
-Sanket.
By
Sanket, at 9:59 AM, January 06, 2010
Love your way with words. Easy flowing and always leaves with a feeling of more..
That reminds me : how come infrequent blogging?
Us readers are feeling neglected :P
By
rgc, at 7:27 AM, January 20, 2010
One of the best ones.. my personal favorite.. keep on coming back and reminiscing about it... Lovely Ships :)
By
Aarti, at 7:56 AM, February 03, 2010
@Harendar, Sanket: Thanks!
@rgc: I don't write too often. I mostly write when there's a reason to :)... Will try to update every month...
@Aarti: Thanks sweets!
By
Ships, at 9:08 PM, February 14, 2010
Post a Comment
<< Home