Melody called 'LIFE'

Monday, August 07, 2006

A-Live

I know it’s been long…

But such is life…
There were times when I had all the time (or rather I made it a point to find the time) to pen down my thoughts into words… making sure, nothing’s lost… every flake stayed alive down the memory lane…

But those were the days…

Life here is pretty hectic. (Trust me… that was a milder statement.) Too many things to do, twenty four hours just aren’t enough!

Mid-term exams are done with. How were they? Well… Unmentionable… But amidst all the gloominess, there’s always a silver lining. We came out as winners in the T-nite, which is a four-night long event full of fun and frolic. It was indeed a testing time, which involved rigorous amount of preparation for the talent nights, and equal amount of mugging for the next day’s lectures… But, as said, “All’s well that ends well…” Our section stood the test of time and we are now the proud winners.

Well… it was indeed an eye-opener. Life teaches such tough lessons in such beautiful ways. This experience did teach me to make choices. I never believed in competing with fellow-sections. I've got great friends spread across all the sections. A part of me wished all my friends good luck for their endeavors. However, I’m glad that I did learn to come out of my apprehensions and lend my whole hearted support for my section friends… I viewed the whole exercise not as a competition, but as a platform which would bring us all together. After all, every moment is auspicious when it comes to befriending people.



And T-nite indeed was a huge success. It achieved what it was meant for… viz., rejoicing and making friends.

Cheers to the spirit of friendship!!!

Buddies, accept my best wishes for the years to come. Belated wishes for Friendship Day! (Now please don’t complain about the delayed wishes… You know what kept me busy! And either which way, two days aren’t long enough for apologies! Lolz)

Note: About the title of the post… well thats what we named our section’s newsletter!


-Ships.

8 Comments:

  • Ur midterms sure gotover quick, mine lasted till friday. Since then the weekend was devoted to a world war, which involved hard work. And now the profs here have jeopardised my plans to go to mumbai :(

    Life's tough everywhere!!

    By Blogger Mayank, at 8:29 AM, August 08, 2006  

  • congrats .. and happy frn -ships day ;-)

    By Blogger the clairvoyant, at 8:35 AM, August 11, 2006  

  • Hmmm, so "ship" is back in d ocean again!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 PM, August 11, 2006  

  • how come all A sectionites end up writing bout nothing but t-nite...;o)
    neway nice read :o)

    By Blogger Anurag, at 2:30 AM, August 13, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Ships, at 5:24 AM, August 13, 2006  

  • mayank: Hehe... Tat's gr8! y do u wanna spoil the fun in mumbai! they r so happy not to have u thr :D

    the clairvoyant: :) wish u the same.

    roy: dunno for how long!

    bataas aka anurag: well... well... mebbe coz it was the most lively event off late.. :D

    By Blogger Ships, at 5:24 AM, August 13, 2006  

  • Hey Dear..

    Hmmm... Im missing all the fun I had in my college days.. I guess I was just like you with tons of friendz across sections and very active in every activity of the college..

    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

    I wana TURN BACK TIME..

    :)

    ..Me

    By Blogger Rose, at 3:54 AM, August 17, 2006  

  • Hey Mel!
    Great to see you back after a LONG haitus!
    I hope that you are holding strong!
    And congrats on the T-nite! Glad that you had a good time and a good lesson!

    Just a parting thought! Its not just about being A-live... in fact its more about having A-life! Think about it...

    A

    By Blogger Gotta Be Max, at 11:24 AM, August 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home