Tonight… I have no words… no phrases…
My searching eyes try to find you by my side…
Tonight… I have no words… no phrases…
Still deep within me remain your traces.
How do I forget your caressing smile?
What remains of it now is just a vile…
I wish destiny wasn’t so unkind…
All those lost years I can’t unwind…
The morning dew, the evening star…
Tells me that you were always waiting right there.
There are tears of rueful regret…
Do I really wish we never met?
But the stars’ still shining bright tonight
It just tells me that I just might…
Find a new ray of hope, of love and Joy
And smile through it… the pain it’ll destroy.
Let me sing once more
Like I always did before
I wanna sing a new song, a newer tune
And await for sweetness to fill my life soon.
-Ships


11 Comments:
i can identify myself to a certain extent with this ... may be a few remnants of college days were just rediscovered.
gud wrk ships ....
By
Chetan Bhadricha, at 2:15 AM, June 16, 2006
Its so beautifully written..
But now i wish i just shouldn't have read it..
It has brought back all those memories which I had tried to put out of my life mercilessly..
--Dont know if i can call myself ur fried or just an acquaintance
By
Anonymous, at 12:35 AM, June 17, 2006
Hi..
Nice one...u hv written?!?
Though all d post u hv covered very different & interesting subjects....
Btw, the hindi poem "AE PAL ZARAA TEHAR JAA.." is too good...ur choice of words then let them to flow, superb....
one more thing, the style of ading ur name end of the every post (ships) cool....all d best!!
Nice to land on here..
Roy
By
Anonymous, at 4:15 AM, June 17, 2006
chetan: thanks for dropping by :)
anonymous: u still are my friend dear.
roy: i'm glad u liked my posts... yes, ae pal zaraa tehar jaa is really close to my heart.
By
Ships, at 10:29 AM, June 18, 2006
mujhhe bhi koi sikha de kaise likhte hai kavitaye .. :).. amazing work
By
the clairvoyant, at 2:19 AM, June 19, 2006
hmmm.. this is definitely written with something in mind..
neone we know.. ???
By
Mohit (Maclo), at 2:22 PM, June 19, 2006
Hi..
Thanks for leaving footprints on my blog & give a BIG compliments....
But I'd say, ur choice is much better than me & as u write pure poetry its tougher than me as I write lyrics which is easier than poem...
If u can write poetry in this way, I bet u would write lyrics better than me....I mean it!!!
Do u ever try ur hand on song...I think u should make a try...what do u say???
Till next time, all d best..
Roy
By
Anonymous, at 12:18 AM, June 20, 2006
For al those lost years.. I cant unwind either..
..Me
By
Rose, at 2:45 AM, June 20, 2006
Wow!
Nice poem, Ships! Pretty cool one
By
Sudipta Chatterjee, at 9:41 AM, June 20, 2006
the clairvoyant: well... I’ll attempt at teachin poetry the day I figure out what it is all about!
mohit: nopes dude.. don’t think so hard! U need to use ur brains in the next couple of years for better purposes!
roy: Well… aapne kaha hai, to kabhi hum koshish zaroor karenge…
rose: :) Lets sing a new song…
sudipta: Thx for dropping by! I’m honored to have ur footprints here. :)
By
Ships, at 10:12 AM, June 20, 2006
you have a talent dearie! keep up the good work
By
nemo, at 1:00 AM, June 22, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home