Melody called 'LIFE'

Monday, May 15, 2006

RENDEZVOUS WITH LIFE...


Look, how time flies away! In leisure time, when I sit back and reminisce about the upshots in my life, I marvel at the fact that I’ve raned into so many changes. One question leads to another and leaves my head walloping with the same question again… “Should vicissitude in one’s life be embraced without anxiety?”

Not one, nor two… but it has been twenty-two long years since I stepped onto this world where sweet, cunning, rude, helpful… all kinds of people stay in unison, the world where truth and falsehood go hand in hand… (OOOOPs did I just commit the severest sin a girl could ever commit… i.e. didn’t I just blurt out my age!?? Hehe…) Well, it seems as if only a while ago I was inside my mom trying to figure out how the outside world would be like, concentrating on the various unknown sounds outside that excited me. I was pretty anxious to know what was going around.

Days went by… and then came the day when I inscribed my presence on earth, the day when I intervened into the chaos of a whole new world; everything seemed so strange; the world full of unfamiliar faces. I was so panicked that I couldn’t resist crying aloud! It was only when I felt my mom’s gentle touch, something which was so soothing that I finally stopped crying. That was the very first time that my mom hugged me and I bet one wouldn’t find such comfort even on the seventh heaven! Since that very moment, she has been my mentor, she’s the one who has guided me meticulously through thick and thin, and made me what I am today. My dad was the next person on earth, whom I felt so close to, in this whole new world. The very first time I said “Ma”, their joy knew no bound!
They taught me to walk… I learnt to run! (Literally and figuratively ;))
They taught me words… I learnt to speak! (I bet it’s difficult… or should I be veracious enough to say… It’s indeed impossible to find another blabby like me!)
In every action of theirs’, there was a new lesson for me.

The first day in school was as petrifying as the very first day of my very existence! But again I had my powerful shield - my parents who eased all my fears, assuaged my trepidation, and guided my way towards the school gate. I still remember my dad saying, “All the best, Dear! You’re a lovely girl. You ought to love school. You’ll get many new friends whom you’ll be more close to.” And he was so right when he said that! That was the day when friends entered my life. Yes, that was altogether a new phase of my life. A good student emerged out of a mischievous kid!

School, friends, teachers, books…. Oh! That age was so carefree! Teachers guiding you, friends helping you, parents running after you! That of course was the age where fun and fear always went together. Mischief and scolding were common! School years were wonderful! It brought so many changes in me. A naughty little kiddie metamorphosed into a sweet little girlie. Then came the farewell day, when I bid my last adieu to my alma mater. The very thought of leaving my good old friends, and entering a new environment horrified me.

But again, my wildest fears were proven wrong. Junior College was fabulous! It was a different life altogether. With lot of restrictions being lifted, I felt like a free bird! That was the phase which saw me transforming from girl to a well-behaved(?) young lady. It taught to me to treasure friendship and the various bonds of life. With the board exams approaching, we learned to value time. But these two years went by so fast that even before I could completely comprehend what it was like; it was all over!

Then I entered my graduation years. Another set of friends… Friends - whom I’d remember for my entire life time. Even these four years went by just like a blink of an eye…

But life continues… ambitions spring… I entered another phase of my life.
My first job, my first colleagues, another arena of my life, wonderful friends… Nine months of fun and frolic… I know I wouldn’t get such a carefree work environment again. But as is said, yeh dil maange more

Will leave for my management studies this month end… Waiting to meet another bunch of friends, seniors, teachers, rivals…

So many things have changed in the past years but a few things always remain the same, like my mom’s sweet scolding and my dad’s playfulness!

Every time I’ve entered a new phase of my life, I felt like the new born baby anxious to know more but afraid of the consequences. But isn’t this what life is all about? “CHANGES” - Yes, life and changes go hand in hand, and we ought to welcome them with a smile. Like it’s clichéd, change is the only thing constant in life.



You can’t stay with the past forever, how-so-ever beautiful it may be! One must always look forward and try his/her best to conquer all which is yet to come just as Robert Frost says---


“The woods are lovely, dark and deep;
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.”
- Ships.

6 Comments:

  • ya darling its one of d many best blogs u have written.true change is d only constant thing....past good or bad isnt tht easy to forget but then yes life does make us all tht capable to face nything....nything....may u make best of frnds at mgmt school too..(but mind u i am on ur list always!!!)...beautiful piece of writing again!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 AM, May 15, 2006  

  • Wish you best of luck for your course at IIMC (i guess thats where you are going)and you are talking about 20 years sometimes life changes forever in 20 seconds :-) ......
    take care

    By Blogger the clairvoyant, at 7:45 AM, May 17, 2006  

  • Change is constant..but I hope u and ur writing style dont change and u go on and on and on....

    By Blogger Shreyas Navare, at 5:08 AM, May 18, 2006  

  • nishi: Yes darling... totally agree wid u... life does make us all tht capable to face nything.... or mebbe we like to think so!

    the clairvoyant: Yep! tats true.. even 2 seconds can change ur life :)

    shreyas: point noted... dhanyavaad! :)

    By Blogger Ships, at 10:40 AM, May 18, 2006  

  • Reminds me of Sumitranandan Pant's words....Ahe Nisthur Pativartan.....

    Hope no parivartan is nishthur 4 u!

    By Blogger Mayank, at 10:37 PM, May 18, 2006  

  • Hey! I am back!
    Looks like I have missed a lot!
    Need to catch up...

    By Blogger Gotta Be Max, at 8:29 AM, May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home