Life played Glissando

The ever-so-busy Life wasn’t ever simple,
Yet mom brought in glee with her cute dimple.
Life found its way through pains and pleasures,
Galore of memories we still treasure.
The thought of being carefree
The want of a new world…
“Don’t worry about me”
Resounded my words in bold.
Yes… those were the words I uttered
While leaving my palace where I reigned
Lots of anxieties were cluttered
And a confident smile I feigned.
An all-new world… A different life…
A juggernaut advent and an erratic tone…
It has sure been a hectic strife,
None-the-less we many a skills hone.
Mosaics of different cultures we meet
All moving in unison in a single fleet
Some good, some bad, some ugly
Some really sweet and snugly!
Found new horizons, rejuvenated dreams
Here there’s no end to a day it seems
Sun never sets… it just rises…
And brings with it, a lot of surprises.
New-found friends, caring tunes
Caressing environs, romantic Junes.
I can gladly say yet again
“Don’t worry about me”
“The beautiful new world I just see”
Yet mom brought in glee with her cute dimple.
Life found its way through pains and pleasures,
Galore of memories we still treasure.
The thought of being carefree
The want of a new world…
“Don’t worry about me”
Resounded my words in bold.
Yes… those were the words I uttered
While leaving my palace where I reigned
Lots of anxieties were cluttered
And a confident smile I feigned.
An all-new world… A different life…
A juggernaut advent and an erratic tone…
It has sure been a hectic strife,
None-the-less we many a skills hone.
Mosaics of different cultures we meet
All moving in unison in a single fleet
Some good, some bad, some ugly
Some really sweet and snugly!
Found new horizons, rejuvenated dreams
Here there’s no end to a day it seems
Sun never sets… it just rises…
And brings with it, a lot of surprises.
New-found friends, caring tunes
Caressing environs, romantic Junes.
I can gladly say yet again
“Don’t worry about me”
“The beautiful new world I just see”
-Ships.
6 Comments:
ahem!... romantic junes?? are u sure only the environs are caressing? :p
By
balderdasher, at 8:28 AM, August 21, 2006
Hey lovely words!
The cluttered anxieties... let them be!
Shake the worries...smiles are what we wanna see
For we know her for what she is
and not what she will be
Take the new world in your stride!
Let 'yer folks look at you with pride!
The world will celebrate as you walk down the victory aisle
And we know that you'd do it with panache and style
Let there be no end to the day...
let there be no end to the night
and may there be lotsa surprises
and may they be pleasing and bright
Mingle with new found friends
but lose not those of the yore
let the world change you not
let it keep you just as before
Keep the names of friends
in neat memory stacks
and one of them better
gotta be max!
By
Gotta Be Max, at 11:42 AM, August 23, 2006
so u found some1 sweet andsnuggly!
thats gr8!!!
By
Mayank, at 1:22 PM, August 28, 2006
Wonderful words ... I feel better after reading this!
Afterall, this is a rare opinion on campus! Most of the times, we people are only complaining!
By
Abhy, at 3:48 AM, September 03, 2006
balderdasher: ahem!
gotta be max: lovely poem man... ur comments never fail to flatter me :) how do u manage to pen down such beautiful lines... i'm in awe!
mayank: well sweet n snuggly.. ummm anything close to it wud be the cats in my dorm! but alas i dont like cats!
abhy: Its no use complaining abt life dear... so live life king size!
By
Ships, at 1:19 PM, September 03, 2006
Time for some congratulations and celebrations!! :P:P
By
the clairvoyant, at 8:16 PM, September 15, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home