All The Words And The Silence…

Candid me spoke to you about all the men in my life
You never detailed the no woman in your life.
You love me because I am compelling...
Worse is that I know of it, still feigning…
I’m scared you might stop loving me as much someday
Afraid you might be gone whilst alone here I lay.
You claim to have discovered me in and out,
But I am scared you know nothing of what I am about.
The real me you discover might not be alike,
Or more so you might pretend the stranger in me you still like.
Or more so you might pretend the stranger in me you still like.
So I preempt and become what you want me to be,
Coiffe things the way you like to see.
Oblivious of my true self, I stopped being me,
Unknowingly or otherwise, had made you my destiny…
Together in the magnificent cabriolet, we sojourn
I lift my hair slowly, to show you the earring I adorn
The one sparkling lease of life you’d once gifted me
And filled my heart with endless glee…
You never explicitly expressed how special I was to you
I meant more than that to you, but I knew.
Although it would have been nice to hear it in your own quiet
Your suppressed smirk quite made a lovely sight.
A shining diamond which is hard to miss
I don’t tell you to caress my hair or blow a silent kiss
Like always, you don’t understand it either.
I turn to the window and shed a silent tear.
Nothing seems to matter anymore
Yet everything does matter…
Angels pass by
The uncomfort subdues…
You still are what I call ‘my’
Time again for a truce…
There are times I want to hear from you
Interim I promise myself, Oh this one last time…
Then again, I wait,
Wait a little more…
And I call…
End it with a fight, a silent promise chalked…
I won’t call again
But alas, next day you call,
And I forget what I swore…
-Ships
5 Comments:
The poem depicts a negative side of a relationship. Anyways, you are excellent at playing with words and you've written a wonderful poem again.
Cheers,
By
Ravish, at 4:16 AM, June 24, 2008
The poem depicts a negative side of a relationship. Anyways, you are excellent at playing with words and you've written a wonderful poem again.
Cheers,
By
Ravish, at 4:16 AM, June 24, 2008
Hopped here from Sudipta's. This poem is great. Can relate to it to some extent. Simple words that mean so much. Perhaps I will go to your archives one of these days and read all that you have written.
Keep it up.
By
Mampi, at 1:04 AM, June 27, 2008
ravish: Hey ravish,thanks! Its just one's way of looking at things... ups n downs - such is life.
manpreet: Welcome, manpreet! Glad you liked the poem.
By
Ships, at 2:05 AM, June 27, 2008
Hi Shipra,
I am Richa from SiliconIndia. I am also an avid blogger for a while now and participating actively in Indian blogosphere. I read your blog posting and found them very interesting and informative. We would love to see a copy of your blogs posted here, whenever you are posting it on blogger.com. Here are some of the benefits of posting your blogs here:
We have a strong community of 500,000 Indian professionals
Best blogs of 2008 to be published in a book "SiliconIndia bLoG PrinT"
Best blog to be printed in SliconIndia & SmartTechie magazines each month
Chance to be featured on homepage everyday
We appreciate your community initiative here and in helping build a more powerful India! Also, if you have any ideas or want to volunteer to help for SiliconIndia, we would be more than excited to get your help. Pls mail me back at richa@siliconindia.com with your suggestions and feedback.
Richa
Blog Editor – SiliconIndia
By
Anonymous, at 3:06 AM, July 22, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home