Melody called 'LIFE'

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Pictures On My Wall


Hi friends,

Time for another scribbling!
Well... To set the context, these are my last few days in this renowned campus… Nostalgia made me write this poem. It was just a scrabbling written over a few minutes. Before I could revisit it or modify, a friend of mine asked me to send it across… I treasure what he said, “I love it when people are very good without trying to be too flamboyant… It’s in simplicity (not in terms of ornate language, simplicity of thought) that true geniuses can be found…” I feel so honored! So I decided not to make it resplendent with more of my colorful thoughts! :P
Blame him for that, not me! Here you go…


The Pictures On My Wall

The many pictures on my coveted wall
The red bricks and pillars tall
WIMWI… I didn’t like you at all

The famous Red bricks made it look like a jail
A heavy heart, sad eyes, a face quite pale
I left good ol’ Mumbai, from where I hail…

And lo’ I entered the WIMWI land
Sailed through the lovely days
Drudged along hand in hand…

Preppy days were fun
Spent nights at the LKP
Welcoming the rising sun

Prep course ended eventually
A stint back home; I missed WIMWI totally

After the jaunt, came back here
Oh no! Things had changed…
By then, the tucchas had taken gear

It was travail, felt like hell
For them: crunching merriment
However, all’s well that ends well!

Placements season later took toll
How many Day 0s?
People contested poll.

Tucchas left; we felt like Gods
Internship, PPO and company IPods!

Role reversal
Enjoyed every moment
Saw angst of our fachhas
Did things we won’t still repent ;)

Joy, merriment, fun galore
Relations changed, some sweet some sour
Clicking pictures is still a daily chore…

WIMWI, I do not like you at all
Ahh… still for you my heart pains…
And all of which remains…
Are the pictures on my little wall…



-Ships

The photograph: That’s my room's hall of fame. It's filled with pictures of all my beloveds; be it family or friends. Love ya all... Will miss my room, this wall of fame, and this place ...

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home