Melody called 'LIFE'

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Top of the world feeling...

Time for another update… A friend of mine has been pestering me to update my blog since ages; and I kept dillydallying… Couldn’t find of anything to write on; or simply may be I was too lethargic!

So, what am I going to pen down tonight? Read on…

Years ago, I had this friend of mine, really close. Well, I was in kindergarten then, so really close friends meant she was my neighbour’s daughter. :D They shifted to a different place, but we stayed in touch. Pen pals, and now email pals.

Yesterday, Poonam sent me a photograph of guy and told me that he was the love of her life. I was amazed. Na, not that the guy wasn’t nice… Just that he didn’t resemble anything of what she’d wanted. A couple of years back; we had a girly discussion on the kind of guys we were looking for. She wanted a quintessential suave, tall, dark and handsome biker, smart dresser, glib talker, versatile persona, cynosure of all parties, heartthrob of every woman, decent, lovable, demonstrative of his love at all possible occasions, neat and tidy and of course with loads of disposable income! And hey, our common requirements were inclusive of a non-snoring Prince Charming! Lol!

This guy she introduced me to was a stark contrast. Average height, not too brawny, uncouth, down-to-earth, bourgeoisie from a respectable family… He definitely wasn’t the kind who would’ve taken out gals on dates or sung songs on stage or danced like a dream. From what she described of him, he was the most unkempt guy she’d met in her life. Not a great taste of dressing, neither a glib talker. She also merrily described how awkward it was for him to hug her for the first time. The astonishment on my face was evident to her. After having finished her description of him, she asked me the question I was dreading to answer, “So… What do you think of him?”

And lo’ I was groping for words; when she took it on from there and said, “I know what you are thinking. He doesn’t even have a bike; and on top of it he also occasionally smokes… he’s just not what I was looking for. Right?”

“Yeah… You said it!”

“Well, Shipra. Let me explain. He’s not tall, but tall enough. He’s not dark, but dark enough. He’s…”

“But, you’d mentioned he also snores!”

“Well, the comfort in his arms is comparable to nothing else. He puts me to sleep first. I don’t care if he snores… And I know he smokes, but he’s quitting. And it feels so good to know, he’s doing it for you. When he smiles, it feels like heaven. Glib talker? Is that a necessity? He’s glib enough… He’s someone I can talk to for hours together. I need no super hero. I just need a man who loves me like no one else does. For the guy we were dreaming of, I might have meant the world to him; but for Jeet, I Am His World. I have never been this happy before. I am on the top of the world.”

I was overwhelmed. Life’s indeed stranger than fiction. May be, I too will end up with an idiotic sweetheart!


Amen!


There’s a song by Carpenters. Indeed a perfect way to end this post.


Such a feeling’s coming over me
There is wonder in most everything I see
Not a cloud in the sky, got the sun in my eyes
And I won’t be surprised if it’s a dream




Everything I want the world to be
Is now coming true especially for me
And the reason is clear, Its because you are here
You’re the nearest thing to heaven that I’ve seen




I’m on the top of the world looking down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I’ve found ever since you’ve been around
Your loves put me at the top of the world




Something in the wind has learned my name
And its telling me that things are not the same
In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze
There’s a pleasing sense of happiness for me




There is only one wish on my mind
When this day is through I hope that I will find
That tomorrow will be just the same for you and me
All I need will be mine if you are here



-Ships

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home