SLEEPY HOLLOW
Today, I attended a session of LAB (Legal Aspects of Business) with the other section. I was so sleepy, that the only way, I probably could keep awake was by scribbling! The outcome of my scrabbling is pasted below! Enjoy reading... FYI: The protagonist is one of the student panelists.


It’s yet another LAB class,
Without a beaker or a test tube glass!
A course which discusses legality,
Throwing light on prevalent immorality.
Painful ‘coz the classroom’s a horse-shoe,
Anywhere you sleep, the prof can see you!
He rambles about cases true,
Every session a student panel is due.
Today was my panel day…
The day that should never come, we pray!
I entered the class-room, groomed in red;
Lest I forget my case-facts, I dread.
But alack, alas… I opened my inning,
The mic made its way from the very beginning!
The previous day’s case was to be discussed…
Gracious! Before class, a friend had buzzed!
I went on rambling till I made some sense
The other two panelists pillowing hence!
Battling from the last row, I could see…
Sleepy hollows staring blankly at me!
I see so many sleepy heads
Caressing the wooden benches like cozy beds!
I see a friend…
His head tilted like the leaning tower of Pisa
O Leonardo!
Paint his portrait…Why do you need Mona Lisa!
A class of seventy… only two know what’s on,
Talks of legal battles; amidst many a yawn!
Suddenly the previous panelists were cold-called
O boy, I can’t tell you how much I was enthralled!
A sigh of relief, I am done with my part…
Talking non-stop non-sense is such an art!
‘What’s your learning for the day?’ asked he;
“A skilled cunning lawyer I can never be!”
Without a beaker or a test tube glass!
A course which discusses legality,
Throwing light on prevalent immorality.
Painful ‘coz the classroom’s a horse-shoe,
Anywhere you sleep, the prof can see you!
He rambles about cases true,
Every session a student panel is due.
Today was my panel day…
The day that should never come, we pray!
I entered the class-room, groomed in red;
Lest I forget my case-facts, I dread.
But alack, alas… I opened my inning,
The mic made its way from the very beginning!
The previous day’s case was to be discussed…
Gracious! Before class, a friend had buzzed!
I went on rambling till I made some sense
The other two panelists pillowing hence!
Battling from the last row, I could see…
Sleepy hollows staring blankly at me!
I see so many sleepy heads
Caressing the wooden benches like cozy beds!
I see a friend…
His head tilted like the leaning tower of Pisa
O Leonardo!
Paint his portrait…Why do you need Mona Lisa!
A class of seventy… only two know what’s on,
Talks of legal battles; amidst many a yawn!
Suddenly the previous panelists were cold-called
O boy, I can’t tell you how much I was enthralled!
A sigh of relief, I am done with my part…
Talking non-stop non-sense is such an art!
‘What’s your learning for the day?’ asked he;
“A skilled cunning lawyer I can never be!”
-Ships
8 Comments:
[i]Talking non-stop non-sense is such an art![/i]
For you? NO............
By
Mayank, at 3:03 PM, July 19, 2007
nice poem :)
And I completely agree with Mayank :D :P
By
Sagar Rastogi, at 8:59 AM, July 23, 2007
Mayank: Trust me... At times, its really tough!
Sagar: Thanks Sagar!
By
Ships, at 11:15 AM, July 23, 2007
I don't know why, but I'm jealous of you.
By
Moving on..., at 2:24 PM, July 31, 2007
Hey, I don't know you, but I saw your blog a long time ago (I don't remember how), and I saved the link, yours was the one I was talking about in my post.
By
Moving on..., at 5:55 PM, August 01, 2007
i was waiting for ur another post .whatever you write y it is b come melodious ..........
By
Unknown, at 11:31 PM, August 02, 2007
Good one
Smiles :)
By
All Is Whole, at 10:13 PM, August 20, 2007
Lovely words..you have crafted it beautifully!
By
Anonymous, at 2:20 AM, August 31, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home