IN WANT OF A BETTER TOMORROW…

Just had a heated discourse with a friend of mine… (Note: As per my definition, a discourse also includes emotional black-mailing, and anything that's needed to be on the winning end!! hehe...) Wondering what the topic was? Read on…
He: Sorry dear, I can’t make it to the trip this weekend.
Me: O c’mon… You sure can.
He: You know my reasons for not coming right. This exam is an important one. It can make or break my future.
Me: So, you think, sacrificing such an eventful day will help you? Do you want to regret later that you could’ve fared equally well, even if you had gone for that outing?
He: No... It ain’t that way! I don’t wanna regret later that… Wish I had put in a little more effort and fared better…
And the conversation went on and on…. Till of course, my bro screamed… “Dids, dinner is ready… Tandoori chicken waiting for you!” (You see, I had to mention that! I can’t tell you in words the extent of my excitement at the delicious comeback of my dearie Chicken in my Kitchen... Phew... now that's a live example of mindless repetition.)
Well, coming back to the conversation… Putting it in a nutshell, it was about prioritizing things in life according to their importance…
Like most other things in life, here again, there are two schools of thought. One school of thought avers, plan your today, in want of a better tomorrow. The second says; live life day after day, each day, without worrying what’s in store for you tomorrow. Approach one is more like a "Get-Set-Go" attitude (Pre-plan, plan and execute... Phew... Don't pull your hair out! It is an engineer talking to you after all!)…. And approach two is simply a "Just Do It" type (Do I even need to explicate on this one!)… It’s solely upto us if we want to outflank the present for a riper tomorrow, or make the present as our life’s finest present.
As an embryo, you’ve seen your mom taking all possible precautions, to ensure you a red-carpet welcome into this wondrous world. As a kid, you’ve seen your parents saving their precious pounds and pennies to ascertain your future repleted with flamboyant colors. As a student, you’ve seen your friends and rivals burning midnight oil to stand out and be the cynosure for the next day. In work-life, you have learnt it from your co-workers to be acquainted with every possible stuff today for an undaunted prosperity in every walk of life hereafter… In other words, all vouch for a better tomorrow at the expense of travailing through their otherwise-could-be-idyllic present. You are so used to seeing people following the first school of thought, that even in your subconscious mind, you plan for your chatoyant tomorrow!
However, just like the crazy nut that I am, I love to differ and find myself going by the second school of thought. I understand that a well-set ‘plan’ is the basic building block for any successful endeavour... still I prefer most of the things in my life to be unplanned. I believe that if something has to happen it will happen. Good or Bad… But it’ll definitely happen.
As is said, if you stop and ask someone for directions, and they tell you "You can't miss it"... then be assured that you will!!! So, friends whenever in doubt or dilemma, don’t depend on what you have seen people around you doing since times immerorial… rather, just listen to what your heart says…
Life is too short a time to live...
Why bother in the intricacies?
Don’t ask for more, just give...
Your present all your fancies.
Why bother in the intricacies?
Don’t ask for more, just give...
Your present all your fancies.
Couldn't think of any better lines at this hour! Will have to catch up with some lost sleep, so that I reach work on time tomorrow. OOPS... did I just plan for tomorrow?? $^&()%#^$
Any ways, cheers to our 'present'.
:D
-Ships
6 Comments:
A lot seems to have happened since the last time i knocked on the door. will have to come back and read in detail...
this isnt exactly the best of times to read a blog for me... 0225
max
By
Gotta Be Max, at 11:31 PM, May 07, 2006
A dillemma since time immemorial! Whether to live in the present, or plan for the future.
My 2 pence: a balance needs to be struck
By
Mayank, at 12:38 AM, May 08, 2006
It is often said that people are so engrossed in planning for their future that they miss out on all of life's small joys that make their present, all that they want their future to be.
By
Vishal Sukheja, at 2:40 AM, May 09, 2006
I am not a planner myself.. I believe in living by each moment and enjoying life as if there is no tomorrow..
But yes.. U need to set a direction for ur life and know where u wana be even though it may not always happen the way u want it to... after al we are intruments of destiny...
At the same time there is no point in being too uptight about planning, wich inturn wears out the charm and beauty of every moment.. When its too late there is no point in thinking "If I had my life to live over"...
So i guess lk mayank said there shud be a balance.. But hw to strike that balance and in what proportion depends on the nature of that individual.. Although i hv a goal in my life nobody can expect me to plan every day activities (~groan~) coz im just not tuned that way..
(I have a lot of these arguments wid my dad)
:)
..Me
By
Rose, at 11:54 PM, May 09, 2006
Mayank, Rose: The keyword indeed is 'balance'. :)
Vishal: Yes, little joys in life is bliss!
Max: You should keep knocking often!
By
Ships, at 10:48 AM, May 11, 2006
It is certain even an ant works for the betterment of the future and an animal like human has to work as he is quite wise...
Anyways...
It is very true that we need to plan everything seriously by keeping every pros and cons of the situation which we are going to face...
But I cannot say it holds true in every situation..at certain times what you plan may come out to be disastrous...and you need to be ready to face the music...
In the end..Planning any work you do is very important...
I agree with you Shipra...
May be that could be one reason you succeeded well in your school college and graduation examinations...Hats off...
Thanks..
Bye...
By
Ketan - www.ketans.com, at 9:26 AM, August 28, 2009
Post a Comment
<< Home