UNVOICED

My dizzy eyes twinkle; my lips purse a smile,
As you just entered my thoughts for a while…
Dulcet memories flash back as I think of you
Our meeting, our friendship.... all seem so true
How I thought I knew myself for sure
Until sometime back our friendship was pure.
Years of holding together
What happened to the way it used to be?
I never inferred your place in my life
I held on long pretending not to see.
Existence faded into unversed confession
Day metamorphosed into night
It might’ve been my life’s toughest lesson
Good ol’ memories disappear from sight.
I reminisce how it used to be
When we shared our fears and delight
You are a treasured friend to me
Wish I could make things right…
As you just entered my thoughts for a while…
Dulcet memories flash back as I think of you
Our meeting, our friendship.... all seem so true
How I thought I knew myself for sure
Until sometime back our friendship was pure.
Years of holding together
What happened to the way it used to be?
I never inferred your place in my life
I held on long pretending not to see.
Existence faded into unversed confession
Day metamorphosed into night
It might’ve been my life’s toughest lesson
Good ol’ memories disappear from sight.
I reminisce how it used to be
When we shared our fears and delight
You are a treasured friend to me
Wish I could make things right…
-Ships
13 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Mayank, at 1:57 AM, April 15, 2006
gr8 ships .....
it reminded me of my own poem in hindi "Phir Se Jeena Chahta Hoon" .... put on my hindi blog ....
By
Chetan Bhadricha, at 12:47 AM, April 17, 2006
touching.........
don't write such sad stuff yaar!
By
Mayank, at 2:32 AM, April 17, 2006
seeing a new facet of ur persona with this......nice job :-)
btw....Congrats for the Calls!!!
By
Vishal Sukheja, at 5:02 AM, April 17, 2006
Hee hee!!
I can see from the other enteris.. how talkitive this saggi is..
nice pics..
happy blogging.
By
AlterinG Abhishek, at 8:30 AM, April 17, 2006
wonderful as always!
so many facets of the person called Ships
unwrapped one at a time
each time so unique
each time so mersmerising
each time you think
is this person the same...
By
Gotta Be Max, at 11:11 AM, April 17, 2006
Hey Ships,
U broke up again????;)
Just kidding...
Dont know, I personnal hate sad stuff(although I knw it cant be avoided), put u definitely make a good poet...
keep going..
Hope to see you at IIM A:)
Take care
-Tejas
By
Tejas, at 10:30 PM, April 17, 2006
Chetan: I liked ur poem too.
Mayank, Tejas: Well, no one likes to lament... but we wud never know the real joy of happiness, if we didn't know wat it is to be sad... me getting too philosophical!
Vishal: :) Thank u. Hope i survive the fierce competition there.
Abhishek : Thanks for peeking in!
Max : U r an impressive poet urself... Every person has 'n' no. of facets.. be it u or me. :)
By
Ships, at 10:48 PM, April 17, 2006
that was a nice one shipra ..
the last line was so nice .....
"wich i could make things right ....." unending it is and the beauty lies there .....for me ....
Ash
By
PNA, at 2:58 AM, April 18, 2006
Ash: Somethings really are left to destiny... unceasing... unending... :)
By
Ships, at 12:55 PM, April 20, 2006
Your wish will surely be fulfilled.. u deserve to get the best :) Y not try to look at the brighter side always ..cheer up buddy .. waiting for a joyous blog
- an aquaintance
By
Anonymous, at 10:24 AM, April 21, 2006
aquaintance: I'm always cheered up buddy! Will soon fulfil ur wish (tats at least by next month.. hehe)!!!
By
Ships, at 1:50 PM, April 21, 2006
let that smile of yours be seen
in the things that you pen
wonder if its a facade
that you put up often
dont hide your worries
let the smile be true
the clouds may be dark now
pretty soon they'll be blue
leave behind the worries
smile and cheer
drop in a line
take the time out dear!
stupid lines...written at a stupid time...
By
Gotta Be Max, at 8:45 PM, April 25, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home