Melody called 'LIFE'

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Drive with Friends …


Today was ‘Holi’, the day full of colours,the day filled with fun… But something within me felt hollow… There was something missing… Or was it everything missing? I missed you all buddies… Hoping to see you all soon.
This poem is dedicated to all those wonderful (or otherwise!) drives we went for. Read on…

The Drive with Friends …

As I look out of my window,
I see my big-small-car parked there,
My little scooter, now almost a widow
Waiting for long, with a blank stare.

Those fantastic memories come back running
When I took either of them to college with me…
Choice depending on which trip we were planning,
The drive with friends, air filled with glee.

Beach side fun in a galore
Needed just my car, my friends and me…
For a drop to the nearby station
My scootie sufficed for almost three…

Oh how the comps were picked in shifts,
From hostel rooms far away, for the games,
And how we flocked for buying gifts,
Breaking signals, paying fines...
I remember how we crossed the lanes!

When I reminisce more, I remember
My first car, stuck deep into the mud,
How my sweet angels pushed it harder,
Until it bounced back like a stud!

Bravely lending my car to a novice
All hoping it not to get a scar…
For all other times, waiting for the driver nice,
My chauffer-best friend to drive us far!

The dozen of us stuffed into my car…
The hilarious jokes we thundered…
The amazing messed up direction-lender…
All those different paths we wandered…

Oh those stupid jokes, my insane friends…
Thinking of them, I roll out laughing on my floor…
But again, when I get up and look out of my window
I realize those days are gone, and I miss them all the more…
- Ships.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home