Melody called 'LIFE'

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Daddy’s Little Girl

Yesterday night, I happened to catch up with a very dear but long-lost friend of mine… All thanks to the ‘net’ which is a boon for people like us… (I will someday definitely write something about these technological miracles, we have always looked forward to; which brings us closer to the absent)…

Well, let me cut the crap and come straight to the point. We girls talked about our new lives, colleagues, etc. She continued the conversation with intermittent smiles, completely overshadowing the pain that she was soaked into… The pain of trammeled passions, gravelly life, maladies of existing as a girl… This poem, I write for this sweet darling friend of mine… It talks for her thoughts… It says it all…


Daddy’s Little Girl



Am I not your little girl daddy?
Why have I got to marry so soon?
I keep saying I'm still not ready,
Still you keep finding me a groom...

I have lots to do in my life yet,
I want to be a free bird for now…
Many un-trodden avenues to tread,
Before I become someone's cow...

Why should I not climb the ladder daddy?
Can't I scale farther heights?
Should I stop dreaming already,
And make way for conjoined fights?

I'm barely a twenty-two,
I so very much want to do my MBA…
Want to fulfill my dreams few,
And not entertain strangers with a tea-tray.

Please listen to my inner soul...
The girl inside me is crying.
It’s insane to choose life partners by poll,
To convince you, I'm desperately trying...

Look a little deeper into me,
You will find your baby girl there.
Open your cajoling eyes and see,
I can no longer bear the to-be-groom's stare.

My love for you is immensely deep,
The depth of which you'll never know…
But for now let me climb the mountains steep
And learn enough to stand on my toe.

The windy mountains are calling for me,
The thorny terrains I want to explore,
Let me try and make my own destiny...
Till I find windfalls galore.

Cheer up babes!! You’ll definitely reach the pinnacle of success… Keep smiling. :)
- Ships

10 Comments:

  • Thanks for the comments...Its tough to be optimistic at 0200 IST... but i'm tryin my level best! :D

    Sounds cliched...almost a pick-up line...but do I know you from somewhere? the name kinda rings a bell...Achievers?

    By Blogger Gotta Be Max, at 12:25 PM, March 21, 2006  

  • Hey ships...
    It is really a wonderful experience reading a poem that is about to me! It seems as though you have written this after scanning the thoughts in my mind... I dont know how you did this...but its true! I will be forwarding it to my dad... :-)Awesome writing (especially the other blog on marriage)...
    On second thoughts, all your blogs are fabulous...
    Keep blogging...
    God bless you
    tc...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 PM, March 21, 2006  

  • Hey Ships!
    Marraige isn't the end of Life, as you project it! End of a 'zero-responsibility' phase, maybe. But that doesn't mean that one can't head for achievements after that!

    By Blogger Mayank, at 11:45 PM, March 21, 2006  

  • This may ring a bell...
    My profile on orkut

    :)

    By Blogger Gotta Be Max, at 10:03 AM, March 22, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Gotta Be Max, at 12:16 PM, March 22, 2006  

  • Wonderful post!
    The conversation must have touched your soul deep inside for you to have conveyed your emotions in the manner that you did.
    I hope that your friend evades the nadirs that beckon and rises to pinnacles of success time and again.

    God Bless her!

    rgds
    A

    By Blogger Gotta Be Max, at 12:18 PM, March 22, 2006  

  • I guess you now have my name and are an enlightened soul ;)
    Or...are you not? :)

    By Blogger Gotta Be Max, at 10:41 AM, March 23, 2006  

  • grtt piece of work madam..keep it up!

    By Blogger Shreyas Navare, at 4:59 AM, March 28, 2006  

  • Hey Shipra...

    Must say you write great poems...
    Well written...:)

    Take care and Enjoyy...
    Luv n Luc
    Tejas

    By Blogger Tejas, at 10:45 PM, March 29, 2006  

  • great flow....ease of writting.....i have simply fallen in love with your writting......

    bye the way...
    i am shreyas's friend,he asked me to read this.

    By Blogger Ninad, at 4:30 AM, April 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home